Friday 17 March 2017

Premiere Vision - Unexpected Variations

This was a personal project that I decided to do as it is a textiles based event that I know a lot of universities take part in and create work for, so I wanted to become familiar with it. I looked to the Premiere Vision website for the trends that they had set for Spring/Summer 2018 and I found one called ‘Unexpected Variations’. 
I knew that I wanted to experiment with weaving and thought that this trend lent itself really well to this technique. It would enable me to try different materials within the weave, therefore creating unexpected variations. 
After carrying out further research I found a weave artist called Elizabeth Ashdown, she was a great inspiration during this project because she is adventurous with her work and creates unusual pieces. I have included images of her work on my mood board which I have created on Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment