Friday 17 March 2017

Hand & Lock 'Holi' Project


The first project that I focused on in my portfolio / e-portfolio was the Hand & Lock Celebration brief. I focused on the Celebration of Holi as I wanted an original and dissimilar visual outcome. Firstly, I created a moodboard to help the research of the theme and to gain a better understanding of the celebration itself. I used images from magazines and the internet to gain my research I focused on bold shapes, hand prints, painted elephants in Jaipur, India, fashion and Gods.
This was all supportive information for my development board which was a process of testing out my thoughts and processes for a final piece before applying them to a final design. On my Development board I used my knowledge of colour to express the celebration. Creating my own pom-pom, painted patterns and self-dyed material. I used annotation to discuss my ideas as well as representation through imagery. I used primary research also using Rangoli powder and throwing it onto the shirt that I would be using for my final piece, taking photographs to also add to my development board.
 The final photo shown is an image of my final piece additionally I had applied most of the exploration I had done on to the garment. I focused mainly on the collar and pocket trying to give the visual of an exciting and bright celebration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment