Friday 17 March 2017

Personal Project - Blurred Florals

As one of the first projects that I focused on in the portfolio process I wanted it to be a textile sample as throughout my course I hadn’t focused on textiles. After researching trends for 2017 I came across a floral style to focus on, I wanted to expand on this so I came up with the idea of ‘Blurred Floral’. To start my inspiration I made this mood board using photos that linked to the theme. From this, I have taken inspiration from the images and created the samples.

The samples that I have made include experimentation of different techniques. These were Suffolk puffs, dying fabrics using real flowers, and manipulating fabrics dyed with vegetables. I then used these samples to create a collection of designs using Photoshop. I did this to see what the techniques would look like if they were made at a larger scale and used on a real garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment