Friday 17 March 2017

Earthy Minerals

I included this project from one of my first year projects as I like the overall outcome of my work. However, I did have to modify and adjust some things this year to make it slot in with my current work skills. I had to re-do this moodboard because in my first year I did a hand-rendered board but I think there was too many pictures, to start the new board I only used six images and placed them into a Photoshop document. I cloned / merged some of the images together to give the illusion of all the images being one. 
For more inspiration I created this sample board with a piece of textile work that was stitched together using naturally dyed fabrics, bundled up fabric and handmade sequins. After the workshop with textile designer Emily Notman I made a textile piece using her style of work dying fabrics and stitching her way. The outcome of this looked similar to the stitched sample that I had done myself so I added it onto the board with this. 
Designing was next so I picked designs that I thought were strong for my first year of fashion and drew them up using my figure template that had been used throughout. I scanned them into a Photoshop document and added a faded out background for ascetics.
The final part of this was a photo-shoot that I re-did to fit the Earthy Minerals theme, editing the chosen photo on Photoshop I selected the area I wanted to focus on and using inverse I was able to fade the background so it wasn't as prominent and the garment was the main focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment