Friday 17 March 2017

Evaluation of e-portfolio


I have developed my skills in numerous ways during this project, expanding my textile knowledge creating prints using different methods. I also re-looked at my presentation skills as all the pages in my e-portfolio were mainly already there I just had to place them in an order based on my contents page.

This project I think highlighted my strengths to the best of my ability as I was able to focus on the type of work that interested me. I haven’t really reworked a lot of my work as most of that was done in my hard-copy portfolio although; I did make amendments to some CAD based work with my CAD tutor as I felt this was the best time to do so. My moodboards were the main focus to rework; I did my Earthy Minerals board for the second time as I had learnt new CAD skills on Photoshop so I used the clone tool to merge very few photos together, I liked the effect this gave.

As I am applying for courses Textile related, I found that I had done a lot stitch samples and weaving samples, I felt I needed to push my knowledge further by creating prints as this was a big part of my university course. I am particularly pleased with the prints outcome as I had never experimented with this sort of textile work before. I think this project looks professional as I did have help from a technician surrounding this profession.  

Some work that still needs to be improved would be my overall annotation of work, I think I could have explained my work in better detail explaining the actual process of things. I find descriptive annotation quite difficult and would like to improve on this.

I think in terms of the e-portfolio I managed my time quite well as I was able to get it completed before the deadline. However the written work was left till the end of this project as I was so focused on finalising my e-portfolio.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment